So many verses in 1 John point to a simple fact, “hereby we do know
that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. “(2:3) Yet so many
Christians live like they are doing their devotions in Romans 7. Doing
exactly what their body wants is normal to most–and what is worst is
that they don’t very often feel badly for it. Now I am not suggesting
that every Christian is going to appear perfect in every action and
attitude. But if we see things from God’s perspective (who knows our
hearts), are we daily doing things that we know are wrong? And if so,
who do we really believe in? I am speaking to the modern Christian.
Those who fit the statistic of 80-90% of Christian men use pornography
According to Hebrews 1:9 and Psalm 45:7, Jesus is anointed with the oil of gladness above his fellows. He was the most joyful, glad, thankful, happy person that ever lived. Yes, he was the man of sorrows also, but I believe that was when he was taking our sin to the cross. (Isaiah 53) He lived a pure and holy life, not touched by sin. We can’t even imagine a life like that. We can taste a little bit of that down here now that we are freed from sin and alive unto God. But, to know a whole life without sin would be amazing! Jesus came to set us free and to give us life!
At Bible study the other day, we were discussing if we could walk closer to the Lord than Adam did in the garden. …
10 reasons to unplug from the Movie and Television Industry.
- Every movie/show is an advertisement for a certain lifestyle, and advertising works.
- The vast majority of what the movie industry puts out is morally evil.
- If you watch television, your children will do the same when they grow up.
- Time is precious, and the average American spends 34 hours per week in front of a television.
- Christians are supposed to focus upon things that are good, holy, and true.
- Television is a direct link between your family and the world.
- The vast majority of people involved in the movie industry do not fear God.
- Hollywood has a strategic agenda to destroy biblical principles regarding things such as marriage, family, and purity.
Is Youth Ministry Biblical?
By: Jared Dodd
Satan doesn’t fight in the open, but in the shadows. He’s a deceiver. What does that mean? It means that he fights us in ways where we don’t recognize that he’s taking us down. He fights us without us realizing it. He gets us doing things we think are right, but are actually wrong. Youth Ministry is an example of this. Many of today’s Christian families are highly involved in Youth Ministry, to such a degree that they can’t imagine life without it. What if I was to tell you that Youth Ministry is actually doing more damage than good? What if I was to tell you that Satan is completely fine with Youth Ministry because it distracts the children’s hearts away from their real pastors, namely, Mom and Dad?…